Friday, May 08, 2009

I got my garden planted...

The amazing... hanging... upside down... Tomato Plant!

We got this gadget a couple years ago at a home and garden show ~ and it works great!!

The place in our yard where a garden could fit is up against a fence, with southern exposure, and it just *bakes* in the summer sun. Plus, we put a shed there a month or
so ago...

So ~ if we wanted to have fresh, homegrown tomatoes, we needed to explore other options. And lets face it ~ I'm not much of a gardener.

So this is a perfect compromise ~ give it some water every day and no weeding/ no mud/ no tomato worms... and it's right there on the back porch ~ 5 short steps from the door. How much more convenient could it get??

And it grows great tomatoes, too! :-)

3 comments:

Dr. Sastera said...

It'll be a nice place to hangout though. =)

Jasper said...

Yeay!! I have been considering buying one of those for my mother, especially since I was absent for Mother's Day. While our climate is unlike yours, our summers are good, and "victory gardens" are a huge deal in Utah.

I can't wait to get home now, and buy the doohickey. Tomatoes grow fast, do they not? Hmm, nothing like a fresh tomato sammich.

Oh, I should add one thing...Do you grow zucchini? Did you know that August 14th is officially Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch night? It's true--I found it in a book several years ago. I've often considered growing zucchini, which I don't like, just for the joy of blanketing the neighborhood on that night...

Annodear said...

It really does work :-) I've already got a little tomatoette growing!!

I do not grow zucchini... but I love it! August 14th, eh? LOL! What a lovely "holiday" :-D

Now I'm envisioning that nice, juicy tomato sandwich, too...